An experienced regulatory lawyer, Roderick regularly advises and represents other professionals across a broad spectrum of careers (eg careers in sport, agriculture, the health sector, animal welfare/veterinary and the law). For regulatory matters connected with racing, please see the specialist service page on this subject.
This is an aspect of his practice closely linked with Employment Law and utilises all Roderick's strengths as a forensic lawyer and skilful, persuasive advocate to excellent effect.
He accepts instructions in regulatory cases from solicitors and, where appropriate, members of the public via the Public Access Scheme.
- a farrier appearing before the Farriers Registration Council accused of physical abuse of a horse
- a farmer accused of breaching the terms of the Red Tractor Assurance scheme
- a paramedic appearing before the Health Professionals Council accused of unprofesional conduct when attending a homebirth
- a midwife appearing before the Nursing and Midwifery Council accused of failing to refer families in need to social services
- a registered care home manager accused of fraudulent practices
- a doctor challenging his failure to be awarded consultant status