A highly experienced practitioner in financial remedy and other financial aspects of family law.
Roderick's service encompasses the full range of options from representation at all levels in a formal court setting to all types of Alternative Dispute Resolution such as private FDR's, mediations and round table meetings. In addition, Roderick accepts Professional Negligence cases concerning lawyers' conduct of all financial aspects of family law.
Roderick also accepts instructions to sit as a judge in Private FDR's, provide Early Neutral Evaluations and to draft Pre Nuptial Agreements.
A stand out feature of his family practice is Roderick's ability to mix soft skills, such as empathetic client handling and negotiation, with hard forensic and advocacy skills in the court room.
He accepts instructions in family cases from solicitors. However, he does not accept instructions in this area of law from members of the public via the Public Access Scheme.
- complex asset structures, including companies, partnerships and trusts (including variation of nuptial settlements)
- mutiple ownership and third-party interests, whether involving land or business assets
- an international element or assets located out of the jurisdiction
- farms, racing/bloodstock and equestrian businesses
- bankruptcy and insolvency issues
- liquidity and extraction issues
- urgent injunctive relief
- TOLATA and Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989